Paleoanthropologist Zeresenay Alemseged looks for the roots of humanity in Ethiopia’s badlands.
- Republican Lawmaker ‘Outraged’ Over Threats to President Obama, Family
- First US Case of Ebola Diagnosed in Dallas
- In Ethiopia, Paleontologists Are Pushing Back the Clock on Humanity’s Origins
- New Walya Coach Worried About Injuries, Lack of Federation Support
- Secret Service Under Fire, Congressman Calls Testimony ‘Shocking’ (Video)
- U.S. Secret Service Investigating Shooting at Ethiopian Embassy in Washington, DC
- Video: Man Brandishes Gun at Ethiopian Embassy in DC
- A Gunman Opens Fire During Ethiopian Embassy Protest in Washington (Video)
- A Video-Art Exhibition in Germany by Ethiopian Curator Meskerem Assegued
- 2014 Berlin Marathon Women Results
Currently, Professor Lemma Senbet is on sabbatical from the University of Maryland, working as the head of the African Economic Research Consortium in Kenya.
Prince Alemayehu Tewodros was orphaned at the age of seven, when his father died rather than surrender to the British troops.
Selam Bekele’s experimental film, Prince of Nowhere, will screen in DC and New York this Fall.
Grammy–nominated singer/songwriter Wayna and hip hop artist Akua Naru will perform at Lincoln Center in NYC on October 23rd, 2014.
Congressman Honda, from California’s 17th district, is up for re-election and is endorsed by the Ethiopian American Council.
You’d expect a conversation with Mulatu Astake to be about music, but when he talks about the art form, he tends to focus on its scientific merits.